Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Farmer's Markets- Garden Link Up!!

Best Blogger Tips
Have you checked out your local farmer's market yet? Well you should. Farmer's Markets are a great place to meet other gardener's, get fresh produce and learn about produce. I have not made it to one yet this year but last year we had stopped at quite a few and I always loved talking to other gardener's. You can learn so many new things and how to grow different produce.

Most of the time Farmer's Markets are people just like you and me trying to sell their extra abundance of produce. So the cost is usually cheaper than getting them at your local grocery.

Check out Ohio Proud- this is a place that you can search for Farmer's Markets in your area!!

Here are few that I know of. If you have one that you want to share please leave it as a comment and I will add it to my list!!!

Hamilton, Ohio
Front & Court Street
May - October
Saturdays 7am-3pm

Fairfield Twp, Ohio
Bridgewater Falls Shopping Center
May- October
Saturdays & Sundays 10am-2pm

Springdale, Ohio
West Kemper Rd & Springfield Pike
June- October
Thursdays 3pm-7pm

Garden Update!!
There is not much change from last week due to all of the rain. So hopefully next week I can share more pictures and maybe even have something I can harvest!!

Have your own garden that you want to share? Have any tips, ideas, pictures or just anything you want to share showing you getting dirty? Add the link to your post below in the MckLinky, and if you want to share copy this button and add it to your post. Your readers will then be able to see others gardening tips, ideas and pictures!!

Check out where this post is linked to!!

Don't miss a thing, subscribe via email or to my feeds!

*****Indiana's Farmer's Market Search*****

3 comments:

Ott, A. said...

I love shopping at farmers' Markets too. Whatever I can't grow in my garden I try to buy there. I was glad to see you posted ohio's list of Farmers' Markets. Indiana has a really great intereactive website as well to find FM's, u-pick stands and local wineries.
http://www.in.gov/apps/ISDA_FarmersMarket/
Just thought I would share.
Happy Gardening!

Just Trying To Save Money said...

Thanks, I added the Indiana site to my post!!

Jami@ An Oregon Cottage said...

Farmer's markets are great! Though I still like "shopping" in my garden best of all. :-) Thanks for linking to the Tuesday Garden Party!