After a large amount of storms and tornadoes across the southern states, damage and destruction are all that are left in many areas. Many families are struggling to find shelter and food and there are many ways you can help. There are tons of great people who have organized collections to help those effected by Mother Nature.
Cincysavers for the Rally for Relief.
WHEN: Saturday, May 7, 2011
WHERE: Newport Kroger- 130 Pavilion Parkway, Newport, KY 41071
TIME: 10 a.m. through 8 p.m.
All donations will go to Matthew 25 Ministries who will then distribute the donations to those in need.
- Non-perishable food — Pull top canned vegetables, fruits etc. Ready-to-eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, snacks, bottled water.
- Personal care products — Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning products — Laundry detergent, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products — Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies — diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First Aid items — Bandages, gauze, pads, First Aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.