Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Recipe- French Toast Sticks (Link Up)

Best Blogger Tips
 Our girls just absolutely love French Toast Sticks and I made the mistake a few weeks ago to stop at Arby's and pick up some for our 2 year old. Now every time that we pass a Arby's she starts yelling, "I want my toast sticks!!" So I decided that I would make my own version of French Toast Sticks and see if she noticed!! This recipe calls for a whole loaf of bread, which is a lot of French Toast Sticks. I wanted to be able to freeze a lot of it so that our girls could have them for breakfast for the next week. So you may want to make only half of this recipe if you do not plan on freezing any of it!

What you need:
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla 
  • a loaf of Texas style bread
  • powder sugar
  • cinnamon
  • maple sugar
Mix eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl- beat ingredients together. Cut bread into 3 pieces per slice of bread. Soak pieces of bread into egg mixture for just a few seconds, long enough to coat entire piece of bread. Spray cookie sheet with cooking oil then places soaked pieces of bread on the cookie sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. You will need to turn them over half way through. My oven seems to be on it's last limb (so we cook everything longer), so I did cook mine an additional 10-12 minutes to make them a little more crispy. Once they are done sprinkle them with powder sugar or cinnamon and serve with maple syrup!

My 2 year old loves them along with our other 2 girls! Now I just have to make sure that I keep a good freezer stockpile of them since she has eaten them almost every day since!
Have a recipe that you want to share? Link up below your favorite dish!

Don't miss a thing, sign up for my FREE newsletter or to my FREE feeds!
This is brought to you by a sponsor/affiliate of Just Trying To Save Money. Please see my Disclosure Policy

0 comments: